Stone Arch Bridge

Stone Arch Bridge
Mill City

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What I saw in my mail last night

Are you like me and you are interested in seeing what you get in the mail when you get home from work? Sometimes you get a special card from a friend or family member - although not as frequently these days. But you can always count on the many direct mail pieces. Well two came yesterday that caught my attention.

The first one was from Quest and it was offering some special package offer for their services. However, what caught my eye was the signature of Todd Townsend the VP of Marketing. Hey I know him, we worked together at Leo Burnett and shared many lunches over at the then Standard Oil Building cafeteria in Chicago. I was wondering why Todd just didn't pick up the "phone" and call me since he already knows me. I just chuckled when I saw his signature. Do you have that reaction when someone you've known in work or personal life sends you a mass direct mail piece?

The second direct mail piece that I looked at was an offer from the StarTribune and for only $14.95 (since I'm a daily subscriber) I could also get an email version of the daily paper as it is laid out. Not how it appears on StarTribune online but rather an exact version of how the paper is laid - so you can now look at it electronically. What a deal pay more money for the same content I get at home in the actual newspaper or can get for free on their online sight. Wow those newspaper people are really grabbing for straws here. And I do love newspapers and the content that they offer but I'm already shelling out what $200 a year to get it delivered the old fashioned way at home. I don't need to pay any more. No thanks StarTribune.

Wow - who knew you could actually get some thoughts out from a couple of direct mail pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment