Stone Arch Bridge

Stone Arch Bridge
Mill City

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Do you answer all your messages?

OK this is a fair question - do you answer ALL the messages you get? Whether it's from someone you know or not? A voice mail message, an email, a tweet a Facebook post?

I try to and overall if I say so myself do a very good job.

However, I do find it irritating when people don't offer back the same professional or personal courtesy with a response? I mean it's not that hard to type back a response via email or Twitter or Facebook. But why do some people not respond?

Are they ignoring your message? Why for me I think that's the case. And both personally and professionally I think that's something that we should all work on to get better it. Ignoring a simple question really is not a truly professional response and especially from people who are communication professionals.

I speak for myself and I vow to answer all my messages in 2011 - how about you? And if not I'd love to hear why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment