Stone Arch Bridge

Stone Arch Bridge
Mill City

Friday, October 1, 2010

Smart Marketing - The Mesh

Earlier this summer I purchased an advance copy of Seth Godin's newest book - Linchpin. It's a great read for any in the business market.

But this post is not about that book but rather about a very smart marketing effort. Last night when I got home a package from Amazon was there. I had not ordered anything recently from Amazon so I quickly got the package open and discovered a book - The Mesh - by Lisa Gansky in it. I've heard about this book but had not ordered it.

I then opened up the book a letter from Seth Godin popped out. In the note from Seth he said he wanted to share this book with people who had purchased Linchpin. He said it has great insights into the future of business and he wanted to share this with people who share his same passion for business. All that he asks that if the book resonates with me that I buy a copy for a colleague.

Wow this is smart marketing. I will read the book because it is endorsed by Seth and not just because it is free. And yes I will "pay it backward" by buying a book for a colleague if I like it.

I think this Seth Godin guy is onto something about marketing. It's all about touch points and conversations with people.

I'll let you know what I think about this book when I'm done with it?

What do you think of this marketing approach? The utlimate in consumer trial a FREE book.


No comments:

Post a Comment