Stone Arch Bridge

Stone Arch Bridge
Mill City

Monday, May 24, 2010

What is a great value?

Value is the subjective assessment which the customer and/or market makes about the overall worth of a product or service.

What do you consider great value?

For me it is when my expectations are met (or exceeded) for a reasonable price - value is then realized for me.

Have you been to the movies recently? Actually in a movie theater to see a recent flick?

Last night I dropped my daughter off with one of her friends at the Riverview Theater in south Minneapolis (3800 42nd Ave South) to watch Alice in Wonderland. This movie theate (only one big screen and theater seating) delivers a great value in my eyes.

-Two tickets to the movie = $4.00
-Two medium drinks and a medium popcorn = $7.50
-Total price = $11.50
-My value = Priceless ( to borrow from Visa)

What a great deal at a very nice theater. Yes the movie did not premiere this weekend and that is the niche that the Riverview Theater goes after. But they deliver unbelievable value for an experience that typically costs a lot more at the other cinemas around town.

So while we wait a little bit longer to see the movies - it is often worth it for us because of the cost savings and in our eyes that value that we get from the Riverview.

Any other great value stories that you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment