Stone Arch Bridge

Stone Arch Bridge
Mill City

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Bagels?

OK yes it is St. Patrick's Day but now we get to celebrate with green bagels?

Yesterday I received an email from Brueggers Bagels touting that they had green bagels for St. Patrick's Day. So the curious part of me said - yes I'll have to try the green bagels. Well I stopped by a Brueggers on my way into the office this AM and bought a bunch of green bagels for the team at Preston Kelly.


And yes they are truly green in color. It's just a plain bagel with green food coloring.

It sure seems like all marketers are taking advantage of special holiday themes to try and provide some retail excitement. M&M's have been making colored themed candies for specific holidays for years. I personally think it's fun and I'm glad to see more and more retailers and manufacturers jump on the bandwagon. Of course as long as they keep the holiday theme platform within reason. We don't need to do this for obscure holidays right?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment