Stone Arch Bridge

Stone Arch Bridge
Mill City

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My first visit to Target Field

It's early Sunday afternoon and I knew that the Twins were having an open house for Season Ticket Holders at the new Target Field. So my son and I decided to go visit the stadium on the chance that we could somehow get in. We didn't have the tickets to the open house as my good friend and leader of our Twins ticket consortium had used the tickets on Saturday.

Anders and I parked near the stadium on a bright and sunny day and we were expecting to just visit the new Twins Pro Shop and Target Plaza. As we walked up to the stadium we noticed people just walking in and not handing off any tickets so we decided to just go for it. And we are glad we did as we just walked in.

It was pretty cool to see the excitement in my son's eyes and to hear the excitement in his voice. "Dad this is the coolest stadium" ever. When we walked down to our seats in Section 119 we were amazed how close to the field we were and basically at eye level instead of looking down to the field as we had at the Metrodome. For 10 games this summer I'll have the opportunity to enjoy this beautiful new ballpark. On some chilly spring and fall evenings and on some warm summer evenings. Bring it on - my son and I can't wait.

We walked all around the park for two hours seeing the field from all levels and enjoying the wide concourses and seeing all the food options. "This is not your father's Metrodome." The Legends club and Metropolitan Club are unbelievable. Great entertaining experiences and great views of the field. Great job by all who have put this great park together.

If you get a chance go see the stadium this coming Saturday 3/27 with the public open house. It's fun to see and if you are a baseball fan - you'll be pumped up to see MLB outside in Minnesota again.

Let me know your first impressions of the new Target Field. What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment