Stone Arch Bridge

Stone Arch Bridge
Mill City

Thursday, July 22, 2010


Back in the late 1990's I worked on a very fun account the Polaris Recreational Vehicles (snowmobies, ATV's, motorcycles and personal watercrafts) account at Martin Williams. I had the opportunity to help launch a new brand positioning platform for the brand and it was a lot of fun and a great experience.

We proposed a brand video to help ground all Polaris employees in our new brand position and brand theme line "The Way Out". In the opening scenes of the video our Executive Creative Director Lyle W. wrote an incredible piece of copy that pretty much summed up the experience of riding a Polaris vehicle.

It went something like this: "The feeling I get when I go out on a ride is like the feeling you have when you wake up on a Saturday morning the first day of your vacation - a sense of freedom and excitement and the feeling of getting away from it all."

The line of copy from a very powerful video has always stuck with me and tomorrow morning I will have that feeling again when I wake up as I'm off on vacation.

Vacations are very important tools to help us re-charge our batteries whether we go and experience new things or go back to familiar places. The trip that our family is about to embark upon is one of a bunch of new experiences. I'll post more when we are back - but right now I'm thinking of the great feeling I'll have when I wake up tomorrow and I'll remember to thank Lyle for penning such a wonderful thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment